The BenefitsCal website will be rolled out in stages between September 2021 and 2023. When you can start using the BenefitsCal website depends on the current online system your community uses to administer benefits. Step-by-step application instructions, links to the BenefitsCal online portal, and troubleshooting tips.
BenefitsCal is a portal for Californians to receive and manage benefits online. These include food assistance (CalFresh), formerly food stamps, cash assistance.
Troubleshoot Connection Issues
- There are times when users should follow the troubleshooting guide, even though it is rare for them to need to. Let’s take a look at the guide now.
- Ensure that your Internet connection is active and reliable. Failure to do so could result in unexpected errors.
- Please ensure that your details are entered correctly. Use the password display option if available. The password cannot be seen by anyone.
- CAPSLOCK should be turned off.
- You can clear your cache and cookies if you are still unable to access the site. Our instructions for the most common browsers can be found here.
- Disable all Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) you are using. Several websites block IP addresses that originate in certain countries.
- You might have forgotten your password if you aren’t using a VPN and your connection is good. Click here for instructions on how to reset your password.
- Whenever you are experiencing difficulties accessing your account, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will help you as soon as we can.
If you encounter any other issues during the registration process, please contact our customer service.